STEWARDS OF TOMORROW
The Port of Virginia focuses on what matters most to our customers, our people, and our region. Every day we deliver superior service, safe transport, and continuous improvement. It’s why we get up in the morning, and why The Port of Virginia will keep moving forward.
OUR VISION FORWARD
1. Excellence in operations
2. Fiscal responsibility
3. Deliver sustainable growth
4. Living our values
OUR ANCHOR VALUES
- Innovation: We embrace change and the opportunity to create. We relentlessly pursue new ideas to improve business.
- Helpfulness: From a hand with the little things to lending perspective, experience, and expertise, our actions large and small make a difference.
- Fortitude: We will be decisive, follow through, and work as one.
- Accessibility: We let our customers and colleagues know we are there for them by act and deed.
- Mindfulness: We lead with purpose, strive for continuous improvement, and take care of our stakeholders.
- Sustainability: We are responsible stewards of all resources entrusted to our care.
THE PORT OF VIRGINIA MISSION
Guided by our company values, The Port of Virginia will achieve our shared vision of operational excellence, fiscal responsibility, and sustainable growth. Above all, we will remain responsible members of the communities we serve, a valuable resource to our customers, an excellent place to work, and an economic engine for the region.
THE VIRGINIA PORT AUTHORITY WILL:
1. Foster and stimulate growth for Virginia’s economy
2. Serve as the global gateway for import and export of freight
3. Improve navigable waters within the state of Virginia
4. Aid in the development of commerce for all maritime and inland ports, and related facilities.
VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL TERMINALS MISSION
Virginia International Terminals, responsible for The Port of Virginia operations, will provide safe, efficient, and competitive services for all stakeholders. VIT shall, through continuous improvement and the use of innovative technologies, provide the best service on the US East Coast. VIT will perform all of these duties in alignment with the mission of The Port of Virginia.
HAMPTON ROADS CHASSIS POOL II MISSION
HRCP II will provide empty yard services and intermodal capacity for the Virginia Port Authority. It is the duty of HRCP II to ensure this intermodal equipment complies with the highest safety and regulatory standards. HRCP II, while charged with operations of the empty yards, shall provide for the safe and effective delivery and receipt of empty containers in support of terminal operations. HRCP II will perform all of these duties in alignment with the mission of The Port of Virginia.