As we work to improve ship-to-shore crane capacity at Portsmouth Marine Terminal (PMT), we are taking steps to ensure that our customers and partners benefit from the most efficient terminal experience.
Regarding Atlantic Container Line (ACL) vessel calls, please be advised of the following:
- Between August 12 and September 10, ACL vessels will continue to make dual calls at PMT (RoRo and breakbulk cargoes only) and NIT (all containers, including intermodal rail routings).
- Effective with the arrival of the ACL Atlantic Sea (ETA of September 15 at NIT), all future ACL vessels will call Norfolk International Terminals (NIT South) exclusively
- Based on the vessel ETA for the Atlantic Sea, the anticipated early return date (ERD) for exports is September 8
- After September 10, all ACL cargoes – RoRo, breakbulk, intermodal rail and containers – will be loaded and discharged exclusively at NIT South
- After September 10, ACL’s vessel calls at PMT will be discontinued
- As you bill ACL export rail loads to Virginia, please be mindful of the shift from PMT to NIT
- All rail moves should be billed to NIT, effective immediately
Contact information for ACL’s Customer Service Team can be found here: WHERE TO CONTACT ACL
You may contact The Port of Virginia Customer Service Team at 757-440-7160 / POVCustomerService@vit.org.
Thank you for your flexibility and for your business.