We are approaching the end of another successful calendar year. Through October, the port’s cargo volume is five percent ahead of our CY 2018 total. With your help and support, the 2019 peak season has been smooth and efficient for all stakeholders.
With efficiency and improved customer service as our focus, we are pleased to announce the following operational changes, effective Monday, December 9, 2019:
Truck gates at Norfolk International Terminals (NIT), Virginia International Gateway (VIG) and the Portsmouth Chassis Yard (PCY) will open at 0500 hours, Monday – Friday
- This change creates alignment and consistency at all three facilities
- The PPCY and the RSA will continue to open at 0500 hours, Monday – Friday
- Saturday hours are unchanged at all facilities
Truck Reservation System (TRS) mandatory hours will be extended from 1400 hours to 1500 hours, Monday – Friday, at both NIT and VIG
- Drivers with confirmed reservations for the 1500 hour (non-mandatory) may enter the inbound portals at NIT and VIG as early as 1430 hours
- Saturday gates at NIT and VIG remain fully TRS mandatory (no change)
To review standard operating hours, and TRS mandatory hours, at all Port of Virginia facilities, please click the link and select a terminal: http://www.portofvirginia.com/facilities/
To Contact our Customer Service Team, click this link: POV Customer Service
Thank you for your business and best wishes for a joyous holiday season.