Thanks to your support, the PRO-PASS Truck Reservation System (TRS) continues to gain momentum. Following the initial June 28, 2018, launch at VIG, we have been encouraged by the improved turn times and the associated gains in productivity and throughput.
As of Thursday, August 16, 2018, please be advised of the following changes at VIG:
- Truck gate hours will be adjusted as follows:
- Open 0200 hours Monday – Friday (previously 0100)
- Portal closure at 1800 hours Monday – Thursday (unchanged)
- Portal closure at 1700 hours on Fridays (unchanged)
- Mandatory TRS hours will be enforced from 0200 hours (gate opening) to 0800 hours, Monday – Friday
- Unrestricted gate hours (no reservation required) will commence at 0800 hours, Monday – Friday
- Saturday gate hours will be fully TRS mandatory (0700 – 1200 hours, with portal closure at 1100 hours)
- Effective August 18
Trucks arriving during mandatory TRS hours, without reservations, will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on terminal property.
At VIG, the inbound OCR portals will open at 0200 hours Monday – Friday and at 0700 hours on Saturdays, in parallel with the actual gate openings.
Reservations are made in one hour blocks (ex. 0200-0300, 0300-0400). Drivers arriving early for validated reservations (more than 30 minutes prior) will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on terminal property. Drivers arriving late for validated reservations (more than 30 minutes after the one hour block) will be turned away and may only return when unrestricted gate hours have resumed, or a new reservation has been validated.
Thank you for your continued flexibility and support as we work together to improve the flow of freight, and the experience of the individual truck driver, across The Port of Virginia.