Effective Monday, January 23, 2017, at Virginia International Gateway (VIG)
- VIG’s truck gates will OPEN at 0300 hours, Monday – Friday
- VIG’s truck gates will CLOSE at 2100 hours, Monday – Thursday (inbound portal closure at 2000 hours)
- VIG’s truck gates will CLOSE at 1800 hours on Fridays (inbound portal closure at 1700) – **As of Feb. 10
- VIG’s reefer and breakbulk/OOG hours are UNCHANGED
- Final reefer pick-up at 1630 hours; final reefer delivery at 1700 hours
- VIG’s Saturday gate hours are UNCHANGED
- 0700 – 1200 hours, with inbound portal closure at 1100 hours
- Only VIG’s truck gate hours are being extended at this time
With the launch of this gate hours initiative, our partners in the trucking industry will have unprecedented access to VIG cargo – 18 hours per day, Monday – Friday, and 95 hours per week.
We ask all Port of Virginia customers – motor carriers, beneficial cargo owners and ocean carriers – to partner with us in order to maximize these expanded gate hours at VIG.