During his 2:00 p.m. press conference today, March 30, Virginia Governor Ralph S. Northam announced a “Stay at Home Order” for Virginians, effective immediately.
The Governor’s official press release can be found here: Governor Northam Issues Statewide Stay at Home Order
Critical infrastructure workers will continue to support the flow of maritime commerce in Virginia for the duration of the “Stay at Home Order.”
Our country’s marine transportation system is critical to both national security and economic vitality. In consideration of this:
- The Port of Virginia (POV) terminals and facilities are categorized as critical infrastructure
- As such, all POV terminals will continue to operate at full capacity, without restriction
- Our truck gate hours are unchanged
- Cargo will continue to move, by truck, rail and barge, just as it has always has
- We will continue to execute on our “critical cargo initiative” in order to ensure COVID-19 tests and medical supplies get to the areas they’re needed most
Our Team remains available to answer your questions. You may contact Customer Service at 757-440-7160 / POVCustomerService@vit.org. You may also contact members of our Sales Team: http://www.portofvirginia.com/contact/sales/
Stay safe. Thank you for your commitment to The Port of Virginia.