As we continue our efforts to increase capacity and improve efficiency across The Port of Virginia, we are pleased to announce another milestone event for Virginia International Gateway (VIG) in Portsmouth.
- At midnight on Saturday morning, May 12, 2018, the Navis N4 terminal operating system (TOS) will be deployed at VIG.
In June 2014, the N4 TOS was successfully deployed at Norfolk International Terminals (NIT). For the last four years, N4 has proven to be a solid and reliable foundation for both NIT and PMT operations. The same version of N4 will be deployed at VIG.
VIG’s conversion to the N4 TOS is timely and necessary. Over the next several months, as new RMG stacks, a new rail operation and a Truck Reservation System (TRS) all “go live” at VIG, N4 will be required to leverage all of the technological advantages inherent in these new developments.
- Friday night, May 11, 11:59 p.m. / Saturday morning, May 12, 12:00 a.m. – Navis N4 deployment commences at VIG
- Saturday, May 12 – VIG truck gates open at 7:00 a.m.; close at 12:00 p.m. (as advertised)
- VIG’s truck gates remain closed from 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 12, until 7:00 a.m. on Monday, May 14**
- **The delayed opening on Monday, May 14, is for one day only, and is intended to maximize the initial N4 testing period
For the benefit of our Motor Carrier Partners:
- VIG will operate continuously during the rollout – the terminal WILL NOT be taken offline
- Minimal to no gate impacts are anticipated
- The motor carriers will benefit from the efficiencies of N4, without assuming additional responsibilities
Learn more about the Navis N4 TOS here: http://navis.com/get-more-n4
Thank you for your business.