We continue to upgrade the chassis fleet across the port, retiring older assets and commissioning new ones. In an effort to increase efficiency, we want to make you aware of an opportunity at Virginia International Gateway (VIG):
- Effective Wednesday, January 15, bobtail drivers may pick-up brand new 40-foot HRCPII chassis at VIG
- Chassis swapping is not permitted; only bobtail drivers may take possession of the new 40-foot chassis
- In the coming weeks, approximately 600 new 40-foot chassis will arrive at VIG
- The opportunity for bobtail drivers to secure these new chassis will remain open until inventories are depleted
- You may monitor the chassis matrix on propassva.com to determine daily inventory levels at VIG
We hope that this additional chassis availability adds value to your short-term planning.
Thank you for your flexibility and thank you for supporting The Port of Virginia.