On September 26, 2019, we delivered a public message – (CLARIFICATION – PPCY, RSA and the Portsmouth Chassis Yard) – detailing the functions and operating schedules of three vital facilities
- The Pinners Point Container Yard (PPCY)
- The Reefer Service Area (RSA)
- The Portsmouth Chassis Yard (PCY)
As chassis activity increases at the newly-established PCY, the traffic pattern between the PCY and the PPCY has become more complex. In an attempt to simplify the traffic pattern, and reduce waiting time for trucks, we are pleased to announce the following:
- Effective Friday, October 11, trucks exiting the PCY, destined for the PPCY, will benefit from a new entrance and gate lane (see image below)
- This new PPCY entrance lane is for the exclusive use of drivers who have exited the PCY inspection lane with a bare chassis
- Drivers are not to utilize this new PPCY lane unless they have just exited the PCY with a bare chassis
- A “No U-Turn” sign has been posted to clarify instructions for drivers
We trust that this new entrance and gate lane will contribute to efficient movement for trucks exiting the PCY and entering the PPCY.
If you have questions, please contact our Customer Service Team.
Thank you for your business.