As we eagerly anticipate the opening of NIT’s new 26-lane, technology-driven, North Gate Complex, we want to ensure that the community is fully informed as to our timeline:
9:00 a.m. on Monday, June 26
- Ribbon-cutting event (invitation only), with Salem Carriers completing the gate’s first truck transaction
- Salem was selected in a random drawing that included 11 other trucking companies; all of whom have achieved 100 percent PRO-PASS RFID registration and tag purchase
Tuesday, June 27 – Thursday, June 29
- Gate remains CLOSED to the trade
- Final preparations
5:00 a.m. on Friday, June 30
- The $42 million North Gate Complex OPENS to the community
- All trucks equipped with a PRO-PASS RFID tag are welcome and encouraged to use the gate
- Trucks without PRO-PASS RFID tags may only enter/exit NIT via the South Gate
- As of June 30, the new North Gate will mirror NIT’s standard posted gate hours
- 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (inbound portal closure at 5:00 p.m.) Monday – Friday
- 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (inbound portal closure at 11:00 a.m.) Saturdays
We appreciate your continued support.
Remember, PRO-PASS RFID tag costs increase from $25 to $103 on July 1.
Please visit www.propassva.com for details.