As part of our ongoing efforts to improve efficiency and offer greater accessibility to your cargo, we are pleased to announce an upgrade to a newer version of the Navis N4 terminal operating system (TOS) at Portsmouth Marine Terminal (PMT), Richmond Marine Terminal (RMT) and Norfolk International Terminals (NIT). The upgrade will be implemented during the month of July.
As part of The Port of Virginia N4 upgrade, there are several considerations you should be prepared for:
PMT and RMT, which currently reside on the same systems as NIT, will be moved to an independent platform. Why?
- A $350 million investment at NIT will result in a historic renovation and redesign of the existing facility. Deploying a higher level of technology, over the next three years, will require frequent software upgrades.
- PMT and RMT will not experience this degree of short-term change.
PMT, RMT and NIT will not be available beginning 8:00 pm., July 14th.
- PMT/RMT will be available at 10:00 pm on July 14th
- NIT truck gates will open for the normal weekend schedule on Saturday. July 15th at 7:00 a.m.
- NIT rail and vessel will begin working at 13:00 on July 15th
To access both the NIT and PMT/RMT N4 applications, you will use the same URL you use today. When clicking the URL, you will arrive at a page that appears like the one below. Click the site you wish to go to.
If you are using http://track.portofvirginia.com to track container status, you will also have to specify the location of your search. You will need to choose NIT or PMT/RMT since they will be on separate systemsVIG and PPCY\VIP tracking stays the same at http://track.portofvirginia.com/vig, and http://www.vit.org/WebReports/ACT_Console.aspx, – please continue to use these links for VIG and PPCY\VIP container tracking.