The City of Norfolk continues their work on underground utility improvements in proximity to NIT. This week, Norfolk’s utility contractor will lay a new section of water line near NIT’s South Gate.
Beginning on Tuesday, September 12, and running through Friday, September 15, motor carrier partners should expect the following traffic pattern outbound at the NIT South Gate:
- From 4:00 p.m. (1600 hours) – 6:00 a.m. (0600 hours), the outbound right turn lane, offering southbound access on to Hampton Blvd., will be CLOSED
- This will begin at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 12, and repeat on the afternoons of September 13, 14 and 15
- Right turns on to southbound Hampton Blvd. will be PROHIBITED during these periods
- REMINDER: The city’s long-standing truck curfew on southbound Hampton Blvd. is enforced from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Based on the enforced curfew hours, the utility work should have minimal impact on truck traffic
- The intersection of Hampton Blvd. and Terminal Blvd. is unaffected
- Trucks arriving and departing NIT, via Terminal Blvd. will not be impacted
- The new NIT North Gate complex is unaffected by this utility work
We will monitor the traffic flow in real time, for the duration of this project. Thank you for your business and for your continued support.