As we continue our efforts to improve efficiency across The Port of Virginia, we are pleased to announce another milestone event for Portsmouth’s Pinners Point Container Yard (PPCY).
On Saturday, June 22, 2019, the PPCY’s TOS will migrate from the legacy system – IKE – to Navis N4. The PPCY will be the sixth, and final, Port of Virginia terminal to deploy N4, creating alignment and shared efficiencies across the enterprise.
- Friday night, June 21, 6:00 p.m. – Saturday morning, June 22, 7:00 a.m. – Navis N4 migration is executed at PPCY
- Saturday morning, June 22 – Navis N4 is operational – PPCY truck gates open at 7:00 a.m. / close at 12:00 p.m. (per posted schedules)
For the benefit of our Motor Carrier Partners:
- PPCY container status (tracking/tracing) will be found on the PRO-PASS website: www.propassva.com
- Reprint Equipment Interchange Receipts (EIR) via PRO-PASS (June 22 and beyond)
- Track empty container movement in/out of the PPCY, confirming details including license plate, chassis number, container number and SCAC code
- The IKE legacy system is connected to www.vit.org
- That system and website will remain accessible for the short-term, allowing older EIRs (prior to June 22) to be viewed and printed
- If you do not have a PRO-PASS account, please register for one today – see the PRO-PASS link above
Note: A visible license plate is a requirement for processing trucks in Navis N4. We ask that all trucks entering our facilities display a front-mounted license plate. The absence of a license plate is contrary to terminal policy and will result in slower transaction times.
If you have questions regarding Navis N4 and the PPCY, please contact our Customer Service Team at 757-440-7160 / POVCustomerService@vit.org.
Thank you for your business.