We constantly review cargo volumes and flows across The Port of Virginia, making adjustments to promote efficiency and sustainability. As new container capacity continues to come online at both Virginia International Gateway (VIG) and Norfolk International Terminals (NIT), the business profile at Portsmouth Marine Terminal (PMT) is changing.
PMT is well-positioned for the future as a diversified breakbulk, Ro-Ro and container facility. In the short-term, vessel services are being realigned within the port and container volumes are being reduced at PMT, as we shift cargo in favor of the highly efficient operations at VIG and NIT.
In recognition of shifting container volumes, please be advised of the following:
- Effective Monday, June 3, 2019, PMT’s truck gate hours will be adjusted
- 0800 hours OPENING, Monday – Friday
- 1700 hours CLOSURE, Monday – Friday
- Inbound closure (last export delivered) at 1600 hours
- Final import, empty and reefer pick-up at 1600 hours
- Truck gates CLOSED, Saturday and Sunday
- See the included image below
If you have any questions regarding this change, please contact our Customer Service Team: 757-440-7160 / POVCustomerService@vit.org
Thank you for your business.