We are excited to launch the PRO-PASS Truck Reservation System (TRS), with mandatory hours beginning at Virginia International Gateway (VIG) on Thursday morning, June 28, 2018.
After more than three months of TRS experience at NIT, we know that the efficiencies gained will facilitate a faster, more productive on-terminal experience for our motor carrier partners at VIG.
Beginning June 28, VIG’s permanent gate hours will be modified as follows
- As of June 28, VIG’s gates will open at 0100 hours (not midnight) Monday – Friday
- As of June 28, VIG’s inbound portal will close at 1800 hours Monday – Thursday
- VIG’s inbound portal will continue to close at 1700 hours on Fridays
- Mandatory reservations will be required between 0100 – 0600 hours, Monday – Friday
- Mandatory reservations will be required between 0700 – 0900 hours, Saturday
- Trucks arriving during those hours, without reservations, will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on terminal property**
- ** No queueing on Renfrow Road
At VIG, the inbound OCR portal will open at 0030 hours (12:30 a.m.) Monday – Friday and at 0630 hours on Saturdays.
- No truck queuing will be permitted prior to the opening of the OCR portal
- No overnight parking will be permitted following portal closure on the previous day
TRS reservations can be booked two days prior, beginning at 1700 hours. For example, reservations for Wednesday may be booked beginning at 1700 hours on Monday. Reservations for Thursday may be booked beginning at 1700 hours on Tuesday.
Reservations are made within a one hour block. During the week, a reservation may be made for the following time-slots:
- 0100 – 0200 hours
- 0200 – 0300 hours
- 0300 – 0400 hours
- 0400 – 0500 hours
- 0500 – 0600 hours
A 30-minute grace period will be extended on either side of those one hour blocks.
- Example – A driver with a reservation between 0400 – 0500 may arrive NO EARLIER than 0330
- If the same driver arrives at 0320, he is outside his reservation window and will be turned away
- Drivers arriving early for confirmed reservations (more than 30 minutes prior) will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on terminal property, including Renfrow Road
- Drivers arriving late for confirmed reservations (more than 30 minutes after the one hour block) will be turned away and may only return when unrestricted gate hours have resumed, or a new reservation has been confirmed
During this first phase of VIG’s TRS rollout, mandatory reservations will end at 0600 Monday – Friday and 0900 Saturday. Beginning at 0600 (M-F) and 0900 (Sat.), VIG’s truck gates will be open to service all trucks, with no reservations required.
To accommodate the transition from mandatory reservation hours to open hours, trucks without reservations will be allowed to queue on Renfrow Road between 0545 – 0600 hours Monday – Friday and 0845 – 0900 hours Saturday. These are the only periods of truck queueing permitted. This policy will be reevaluated as the TRS initiative moves forward at VIG.
Questions regarding the Truck Reservation System should be directed to the TRS info. line – (757) 292-4545 – or POVTruckerReservationSystem@vit.org.
Thank you for your business. We look forward to servicing your truck reservations at VIG.