The Port of Virginia continues to innovate and adapt in order to ensure the safest working environment for our colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
Effective immediately – For truck transactions at the Pinners Point Container Yard (PPCY), Portsmouth Chassis Yard (PCY) and the Reefer Service Area
For all inbound lanes at the PPCY/PCY/RSA:
- Drivers are reminded to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and the booth/interchange personnel
- Drivers are reminded that approaching, or attempting to open, booth doors, or touching sliding glass windows, is prohibited
For outbound transactions involving port personnel in Kubota tractors and/or pickup trucks (PPCY/RSA):
- Drivers should have all relevant outbound interchange details clearly written, in large print, on clean paper, to support social distancing
- Required information includes license plate, SCAC code, booking number, desired container size/type if booking is flexed and chassis number
- Failure to list these data elements clearly, on clean paper, may result in delayed transactions
- Under no circumstances should a driver approach, or attempt to make physical contact with, a Kubota tractor
- In accordance with social distancing guidelines, port colleagues, utilizing Kubota tractors, may takes steps to avoid drivers approaching on foot
These guidelines are for the mutual protection of the over-the-road driver and port personnel.
Thank you for your flexibility and for your business.