On Friday, Jan. 18, and Saturday, Jan. 19, a contractor will perform rail maintenance work at the intersection of Hampton and Terminal Boulevards, outside NIT’s South Gate.
Please be advised of the following:
- Work is scheduled to begin after 1800 hours Friday night (after truck gate closure)
- Work will continue overnight Friday night into Saturday morning, and may conclude before gate opening on Jan. 19
- As work is underway, northbound traffic on Hampton Blvd., moving from ODU to NIT, will be UNABLE TO TURN LEFT into the South Gate
- The South Gate can be accessed via Terminal Blvd. westbound (from I-64)
- The South Gate can be accessed via Hampton Blvd. southbound (from Naval Station Norfolk)
Thank you for your flexibility.