Prospective Port of Virginia Search and Rescue Forum Attendees,
The Port of Virginia and USCG Sector Hampton Roads are pleased to announce the 14th Annual Steven Todd Dooley Search and Rescue Forum (SAR) will be conducted February 24 – February 28, 2020 in Hampton, VA.
The 2020 SAR agenda will follow the same format as in previous years, including classroom sessions, practical and advanced practical evolutions, two nighttime evolutions and one daylight SAR exercise. A Leadership and 9-11 Communications track is planned to provide information to regional command and dispatch staff. Vendors will be on-hand throughout the week to provide resources and technical assistance to vessel crews.
Fee: There is no charge for this training.
- Limited to 24 vessels with up to four crew members per vessel.
- Two vessel limit per agency unless otherwise approved.
- A separate registration form will be required for each vessel.
- A limited number of slots are available for attendance without a vessel. Please contact Tracy Freeman prior to registration.
- Participating vessels should be at least 23 feet in length and have the ability to operate in cold weather / rough seas / nighttime conditions.
- Click on the registration link www.memberplanet.com/events/mirt/searchandrescueforum14 and complete the registration form for each vessel and crew no later than February 7, 2020
- Please ensure all fields are completed, allowing the staff to adequately prepare the resources to meet everyone’s needs. Please read each question carefully.
- The Command Staff and 911 Communications registration will registration will open December 2, 2019.
Note: You must call the hotel to book rooms. There is no online link.
The Hampton Marina Hotel is located at 700 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton, VA, 23669. The phone number is 1-866-375-6054, group name: VPA SAR Symposium 2020, rooms have been block at a rate of $94.00 a night. All participants are strongly encouraged to book hotel rooms for both Wednesday and Thursday nights due to the scheduled nighttime evolutions. Cut–off date for room rates is Friday, February 02, 2020. Fifteen hour days on Wednesday and Thursday make commuting difficult and impractical.
The SAR Forum agenda and additional information will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the start of the event. It is important to identify the vessel supervisor, or agency contact, on the registration form to ensure accurate information exchanges.
The staff of the 14th Annual Steven Todd Dooley SAR Forum is excited about the 2020 agenda. We look forward to meeting our local port partners and establishing a network to enhance the emergency response capabilities within The Port of Virginia and the surrounding region.
If there is a need for further information, please do not hesitate to contact one of the following individuals:
Bill Burket – Director, POV MIRT and Emergency Operations
Tracy Freeman – Manager, POV MIRT and Emergency Operations
LCDR Ashonte Franklin USCG