Your support has empowered us to implement an efficient and collaborative operating plan that enables us to better serve you – the port’s partners – and our mutual customers. The growth of the Truck Reservation System (TRS), the capacity and productivity-building improvements at VIG and NIT have led to greater access to cargo, reduced dwell and industry-leading truck turn times.
As part of our ongoing effort to promote a sustainable operating model, balancing truck demand with gate and yard capacity, we are pleased to announce the following changes, effective Monday, January 27, 2020:
- Monday – Friday
- 0600 hour truck gate openings at NIT, VIG, PPCY, Portsmouth Chassis Yard (PCY) and Reefer Service Area (RSA)
- TRS mandatory hours are in effect from 0600 – 1500 hours
- Afternoon portal closure hours remain unchanged
- Saturday and Sunday
- All POV truck gates will remain CLOSED
- Vessel and rail work continues, per the standard operating plan
- Gate hours at PMT, NNMT, Richmond Marine Terminal and the Virginia Inland Port are unchanged
These changes will remain in effect, until further notice. We are committed to monitoring cargo volumes, gate hours and TRS capacity across the port, making adjustments, as needed, to ensure efficient access to your freight.
To review our current gate and TRS hours, please click the link: POV Gate and TRS Hours
If you have questions, please contact our Customer Service Team at 757-440-7160, or POVCustomerService@vit.org.
Thank you for your business.