Notice of Revision to Virginia International Terminals, LLC Schedule of Rates (SOR): Effective March 14, 2017
Effective immediately, the below items have been added to the rates and services section of the Richmond Marine Terminal in the Schedule of Rates.
- Item 1035 Reefer Services
- Item 1050 Miscellaneous Charges includes the new reefer rates
- Item 1075 Delivering/Receiving During Overtime Hours
In addition, our ocean carriers were notified of a change to the Item 456 Free Time Loaded Containers on July 12, 2016 and October 1, 2016 respectively and never published to within our Schedule of Rates.
As of March 14, 2017, Item 456 Free Time Loaded Containers has been updated to include the free time changes for rail dual fumigation containers and HREW dual containers.
Notice of Revision to Virginia International Terminals, LLC Schedule of Rates (SOR): Effective November 1, 2016
Effective November 1, 2016, VIT’s tariff, encompassing services provided by the Port of Virginia terminals will be adjusted to reflect changes in Section X – Richmond Marine Terminal Services and Charges to item – 1050 “Miscellaneous Charges.” Refrigerated service charges will follow item 465-5A and B for the Richmond facility.
Notice of Revision to Virginia International Terminals, LLC Schedule of Rates (SOR): Effective October 1, 2016
Effective October 1, 2016, VIT’s tariff encompassing services provided by The Port of Virginia terminals has undergone a comprehensive revision, and will be adjusted to include, but are not limited to, the following changes:
- The VIT SOR now includes the Virginia Inland Port (VIP) Services and Charges, appropriate Non-Tariff items and, effective November 1, 2016, the Richmond Marine Terminal (RMT) SOR.
- Addition of Section IX for Virginia Inland Port Services and Charges (separate VIP tariff no longer exists)
- Addition of Section X for Richmond Marine Terminal Services and Charges- Effective November 1st.
- Rates include a 2.15% increase reflecting 50% of a 1% CPI and 3.3% Labor Increase effective October 1, 2016.
- Labor and Equipment Rental charges from the Non-Tariff have been consolidated in the VIT SOR.
- A definition section was added in Section XI. All defined terms are capitalized.
- Item 401- Efficient Stowage/Restows
- Item 432- Rolled Container Charge
- Item 456- Free Time Loaded Containers- Gate will be reduced to 7 free days and Rail will remain at 10 days on exports.
- Item 460- Storage of Empty Containers- a new calculation has been added.
- Breakbulk handling and storage charges for Paper and Forest products from the Non-Tariff rate document were consolidated into the VIT SOR.
Notice of Revision to Virginia International Terminals, LLC Schedule of Rates (SOR):
Effective September 1, 2016
Effective September 1, 2016, VIT’s tariff encompassing services provided by The Port of Virginia Terminals will be adjusted to reflect changes to item 456 Free Time Loaded Containers. Import coffee shipments in containers will received seven (7) consecutive days free time beginning with the first 8:00 A.M. after the inbound vessel sail date and ending upon departure of the container from the terminal.
“VGM” means “verified gross mass” required by the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (“SOLAS”) Regulation VI/2.
- When a container arrives at a terminal by truck, the gross weight of the truck power unit (“tractor”), container, and intermodal chassis may be obtained using scales calibrated in accordance with any applicable state requirements. When a container arrives at a terminal by rail, the container is loaded onto a chassis or trailer, and the gross weight of the tractor, container, and chassis/trailer may be obtained using scales calibrated in accordance with any applicable state requirements.2. VIT will calculate the actual gross weight of the container by subtracting the chassis/trailer weight and truck weight from the gross weight obtained via the method described above. The chassis/trailer weight and truck weight may be derived from (i) standard, average weights for the tractor and chassis; (ii) weights previously registered in the terminal system; (iii) weights provided at the gate by the truck driver; or (iv) weights stenciled or placarded on the equipment. VIT will make the actual gross weight of the container available electronically directly to the vessel operator.3. Unless the vessel operator chooses the alternative stated below, VIT shall enter the actual gross weight of the container determined by VIT as described above into VIT’s terminal operating system as the VGM. Pursuant to the U.S. Coast Guard’s Maritime Safety Information Bulletin (“MSIB”) 009/16, the vessel operator may use the weight provided by VIT as the equivalent of VGM to comply with SOLAS Regulation VI/2.4. Alternatively, the vessel operator may instruct VIT not to use the actual gross weight calculated by VIT as the VGM, in which case the vessel operator must send the VGM to VIT on behalf of the shipper. Under this alternative, the vessel operator must send the VGM of the container to VIT electronically via VERMAS electronic data interchange at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the loading of the container on the vessel. The vessel operator is responsible for resolving all discrepancies between weights it receives from VIT, the shipper, or other sources prior to submitting the VGM to VIT. The shipper shall not sign any document or electronic message accompanying the weight sent from the vessel operator to VIT. If VIT does not receive the VGM from the vessel operator within the required time, then the container may not be loaded, and the ocean carrier and other responsible parties shall be liable to VIT for demurrage (Item 461) with no free time (Item 456), roll, rehandling (Item 465), and other applicable charges. VIT is not responsible for the weight received as the VGM from the vessel operator.5. All shippers using the terminals authorize the use of such actual gross weight(s) determined by VIT in the manner as described above to satisfy the SOLAS obligations on shippers to provide VGM.6. VIT’s confirmation of the loading event to the ocean carrier(s) shall refer to the VGM received or used as provided above.7. The vessel operator should contact VIT’s Customer Service at 1-757-440-7160 or
Notice of Revision to Virginia International Terminals, LLC Schedule of Rates (SOR): Effective May 1, 2016
Effective May 1, 2016, VIT’s tariff, encompassing services provided by The Port of Virginia terminals, will be adjusted to reflect changes to item – 850 “Barge Container Movement.” A charge of $30.00 per empty container shall apply, one way, northbound or southbound, between Richmond Marine Terminal and any VIT-operated marine terminal.
Effective April 21, 2016, VIT’s tariff, encompassing services provided at Port of Virginia terminals, will be adjusted to reflect changes to item 436 – “Dual Receiving Container Charges.”
Please click here to access the updated tariff, and direct your attention to item 436.
Effective February 15, 2016, the tariff will be adjusted to reflect the following changes in the HRCPII daily chassis utilization fee, the Virginia Port Authority Security Surcharge, and VIT Storage on Empty Containers.
- HRCPII daily chassis utilization fee (Option 2) will increase from $15.00 to $18.00 per day.
- Virginia Port Authority Security Surcharge (Tariff Item 650) will increase from $6.25 to $6.50 per container.
- Storage on Empty Containers fee (Tariff Item 460) will increase from $2.10 to $2.50 per day.
Notice of Revision to Virginia International Terminals, LLC Schedule of Rates:
Effective January 4, 2016
Based on communication published on December 14, 2015, we have updated the Schedule of Rates to reflect the same effective January 4, 2016. Date of this notice is end of business December 31, 2015.
Notice of Revision to Virginia Inland Port Tariff No. 2:
Effective October 1, 2015
Effective October 1, 2015, the tariff will be adjusted to reflect changes in the cost of labor and the Consumer Price Index (CPI). In general, rates for labor and non-labor related items have increased approximately 1.42%. Date of this notice is end of business August 31, 2015.
For more information on rates please contact VITRates@vit.org.
Layberth Rate Inquiry Form