Are you new to the Trucking community? Do you plan on hauling containers in and out of Port of Virginia facilities? If so, please follow these necessary steps:
- Apply for a SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code) – a unique four-letter code used to identify transportation companies. Please visit: http://www.nmfta.org/Pages/welcome.aspx to apply.
- Create an UIIA account. An UIIA (Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement) membership is required to access our terminals. The UIIA is a standard industry contract between Motor Carriers and Equipment providers. It covers liability and other issues related to the interchange on Intermodal Equipment- containers, chassis, etc. between the two parties. To become a member, please visit uiia.org.
- All drivers are required to obtain a Port Identification and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card. To enroll for a TWIC card please visit: https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
- We are moving away from port ID Forms. You should use the following link http://register.portofvirginia.com/, to register your company or get a port ID. In order to obtain a port I.D. card, please visit Port I.D. Office – Online Appointments in order to make a reservation. Note, your TWIC PIN number is required. If you have any questions please contact the ID office at 757 440-4032.
- PRO-PASS RFID tags will be required to access the terminal. Transcore RFID tags will no longer be supported. PRO-PASS RFID tags can be ordered through the PRO-PASS website – www.propassva.com. PRO-PASS RFID tags can be shipped to you directly or can be picked up at the NIT or VIG Driver’s Assistance Buildings with a confirmation email. Note, RFID tags must also be registered within PRO-PASS to the corresponding license plate and can take up to 45 minutes to fully process.
- Reservation(s) are required Monday – Friday, during the mandatory reservation period. Please visit http://www.portofvirginia.com/facilities/terminal-gate-hours/ for gate hours and mandatory reservation hours.
- A TWIC without a Port ID will only be given 5 unescorted visitor passes. Access will be denied after your fifth visit without a Port ID card. There will be NO exceptions.