Are You New To The Trucking Community? Do you plan on hauling containers in and out of the Port? If so, please follow the necessary steps.
- Apply for a SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code) – a unique two-to-four-letter code used to identify transportation companies. Please visit: http://www.nmfta.org/Pages/welcome.aspx to apply.
- Create a UIIA account. A UIIA (Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement) membership is required to access our terminals. The UIIA is a standard industry contract between Motor Carriers and Equipment providers. It covers liability and other issues related to the interchange on Intermodal Equipment- containers, chassis, etc. between the two parties. To become a member, please visit www.uiia.org.
- All drivers are required to obtain a Port Identification and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card. To enroll for a TWIC card please visit: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm.
- We are moving away from Port ID Forms. You should use the following link, register.portofvirginia.com, to register your company or get a port ID. If you have any questions please contact the ID office at 757 440-4032.
- A TWIC without a Port ID will only be given 5 unescorted visitor passes. Access will be denied after your fifth visit without a Port ID card. There will be NO exceptions.