Access to Port of Virginia Facilities Information

Are You New To The Trucking Community? Do you plan on hauling containers in and out of the Port? If so, please follow the necessary steps.

  1. Apply for a SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code) – a unique two-to-four-letter code used to identify transportation companies. Please visit: to apply.
  2. Create a UIIA account. A UIIA (Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement) membership is required to access our terminals. The UIIA is a standard industry contract between Motor Carriers and Equipment providers. It covers liability and other issues related to the interchange on Intermodal Equipment- containers, chassis, etc. between the two parties. To become a member, please visit
  3. All drivers are required to obtain a Port Identification and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card. To enroll for a TWIC card please visit:
  4. We are moving away from Port ID Forms. You should use the following link,, to register your company or get a port ID. If you have any questions please contact the ID office at 757 440-4032.
  5. A TWIC without a Port ID will only be given 5 unescorted visitor passes. Access will be denied after your fifth visit without a Port ID card. There will be NO exceptions.