Reefer Reservation Policy
Currently steamship lines send a reefer set up request to the M&R Vendors and trucking companies, with VIT in copy. There are occasions when the information changes or the Trucking Company does not pick up equipment as directed from the shipline. To facilitate the efficient handling of reefers and to ensure availability of ship line equipment the following process will be implemented on 11/30/11. This process will provide direct communication between the trucking community, M&R vendor and VIT.
Trucking Companies will be provided the opportunity to send reefer equipment request directly to M&R vendors with VIT in copy. To ensure the best possible service, request will be required at least 24 hours in advance of intended pickup. The notification and information will provide the following:
- Necessary time for the M&R vendor to ensure the request from the trucking company matches up with the ship lines instructions
- M&R company will ensure equipment is available (empty reefers, gen sets, gen set chassis)
- Sufficient time for M&R to pretrip / repair if needed
- Opportunity to notify trucking company of conflicting information from shiplines
- Time required to coordinate rental/ loaner gensets with shipline if required
Please email the request to the referenced email addresses based on terminal and shipline. M&R Vendors will be required to confirm reservation or reply with reason equipment will not be available. VIT will be in copy to all correspondence to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Download and fill out the Reefer Reservation Form (PDF)
- Attach to an email and send to one of the groups of emails below based on the Terminal and Shipline.
APL / CMA CGM
MAERSK / SAF MARINE
|HAPAG / UNITED ARAB|
COSCO / CHINA SHIPPING