As momentum continues to drive the PRO-PASS Truck Reservation System (TRS) forward, we are pleased to announce the following:
Beginning Thursday, June 14, 2018, mandatory enforcement at NIT will be extended by one hour.
- Mandatory reservations will be required between 0500 – 0900 hours, Monday – Friday
- Mandatory reservations will be required between 0700 – 1100 hours, Saturday**
- NIT’s inbound portal closes at 1100 hours on Saturdays, making all Saturday gate hours mandatory for reservations, effective June 16
- Trucks arriving during these hours, without reservations, will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on terminal property
At NIT North and South, the inbound OCR portals will open at 0430 hours Monday – Friday and at 0630 hours on Saturdays.
- No truck queueing will be permitted prior to the opening of the OCR portals
- No overnight parking will be permitted following portal closure on the previous day
TRS reservations are made within a one hour block. During the week, a reservation may be made between 0500 – 0600, 0600 – 0700, 0700 – 0800 and/or 0800 – 0900. A 30-minute grace period will be extended on either side of those one hour blocks.
- Drivers arriving early for validated reservations (more than 30 minutes prior) will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on terminal property
- Drivers arriving late for validated reservations (more than 30 minutes after the one hour block) will be turned away and may only return when unrestricted gate hours have resumed, or a new reservation has been validated
Questions regarding the Truck Reservation System should be directed to the TRS info. line – (757) 292-4545 – or POVTruckerReservationSystem@vit.org.
Thank you for your support and flexibility.