In preparation for the implementation of the Trucker Reservation System (TRS) at Norfolk International Terminals (NIT), The Port of Virginia is offering free training sessions for individuals who will use the TRS.
The TRS will “go live” March 1, 2018, at NIT, improving the motor-carrier experience, and enabling the port to better manage the flow of cargo in and out of the terminal. A “go live” date for VIG will be announced later in 2018.
While the TRS is open and available to the trucking community today, appointments are optional and not enforced. Effective March 1, appointments will be required and enforced at NIT from 0500 – 0700 hours, Monday – Friday, and from 0700 – 0900 hours on Saturdays.
- The purpose of the training is to educate individuals who will use the TRS, via the PRO-PASS website, regarding the creation, modification and cancellation of an appointment
- All training sessions listed below will take place at the Portsmouth Operations Center (POC), located at the intersection of Harbor Dr. and Tunnel Facility Dr., adjacent to the PPCY
- The training will be conducted simultaneously by on-site personnel at the POC, and online via GoToMeeting
- To reserve your seat, in person or online, please call Nancy Christian (757-404-7918) or Kiym Ward (757-391-6102), or send an email to: POVTruckerreservationsystem@vit.org
- Each training session is limited to 10 participants at the POC (in person) and 25 participants online (GoToMeeting)
Tuesday, February 27 (live at the POC and online):
Session 1 – 2:00 p.m.
Future training sessions will be scheduled, based on demand.
Thank you for your business and for your continued support.