We would like to confirm the existing policy/process for delivering live reefer loads at Virginia International Gateway (VIG).
Receiving live reefers at VIG:
- Upon receiving a route ticket, the driver should proceed to the 400 rows (see map below) to receive a temperature check with a reefer mechanic.
- If a chassis change is needed, the driver should proceed to the 400 rows prior to heading to the “flip” area.
- If routed to the 400 rows, the driver should park in the route ticket assigned space and a reefer mechanic will come over to perform the temperature check.
- If routed to a stack location, the driver should proceed to the 400 rows first for temperature check, then through the MRS genset line for genset removal, prior to heading to the assigned stack.
- Please note that upon entry to the terminal, the driver’s license plate will be flagged with a temperature check hold that will prevent driver from exiting if no temperature check is performed.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to VIG’s yard department at 757-686-6120.
Thank you for your business.