Revised Port of Virginia ERD Policy – Effective Monday, November 7, 2022
On Friday, February 18, 2022, we announced that the “Early Receiving Date” (ERD) delivery window for export container transactions, would open at five (5) calendar days prior to vessel arrival.
The Port of Virginia is pleased to announce the following changes:
Effective Monday, November 7, 2022:
- The ERD delivery window will open at seven (7) calendar days prior to vessel arrival
- The Port of Virginia’s ERD will be set and locked seven (7) calendar days prior to the vessel’s estimated time of arrival (ETA)
- Once the ERD is locked, seven (7) calendar days out, it will not be altered
- Ocean carriers may choose to enforce ERD polices that are more restrictive than that of The Port of Virginia
- We encourage the shipping public to discuss this change with their ocean carrier partners
You may review Port of Virginia vessel schedules here: Port of Virginia Vessel Schedule
- Look for the lock symbol on the far left side of the screen, indicating ERDs that have been set and locked, by the port
We are working closely with our ocean carrier customers, ensuring that they are properly informed, and prepared, for this policy change.
If you have any questions, please contact the Port of Virginia’s Customer Service team here: POV Customer Service
Thank you for your business.