HRCP New Motor Carrier Application Process
In order to expedite your approval, please follow the steps below so we can better serve you and eliminate delays in the process. Please note this will not affect existing motor carrier partners that are in good standing with HRCP.
Phase I: Application
- Submit credit application on the POV website
Applicants should be prepared to provide their DOT#, MC#, Tax ID#, Bank information, and physical address
- Email notarized guaranty to POV Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blank forms are available for download on the POV website. Application will not be reviewed until the notarized guaranty has been received by POV Collections
**Applicants are advised to wait for email confirmation of credit approval prior to continuing with the registration process, but may opt-to continue at their own discretion. Registration fees will not be refunded in the event that credit with the port has been denied. Approval notification may take up to 7 business days.
Phase II: Approved
- Email W-9 to POV Collections at email@example.com
- Obtain TWIC card at www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
There is a fee associated with obtaining a TWIC card.
- Obtain SCAC from www.nmfta.org
Applicants should be prepared to provide their DOT# and additional information as required. There is a fee associated with obtaining a SCAC.
- Become a member of the UIIA at www.uiia.org
Applicants should be prepared to provide their SCAC, DOT#, Federal Tax ID#, and additional information as required. There is a fee associated with UIIA membership.
- Register an account with REZ-1Chassis Manager at chassismanager.interasset.com
Applicants should be prepared to provide their UIIA membership information, insurance information, and accept the HRCP licensing agreement.
**Applicants are advised to wait for email confirmation of account number(s) prior to continuing with the registration process.
Phase III: Post-Approval
- Register with Pro-Pass for NIT access at www.propassva.com
Applicants should be prepared to provide their truck information, SCAC, and additional
information as required. There is a fee associated with obtaining a Pro-Pass RFID tag.
- Register with VIG appointments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should be prepared to provide their first and last name, carrier name, physical
address, phone number, fax number, and SCAC.
- Register with the VPA Police at register.portofvirginia.com
Applicants should be prepared to provide their TWIC info, business contact information,
and intended purpose at the port. Upon successful registration, applicants will receive an
email providing an appointment number and instructions to attend the safety training
prior to receiving a port ID card.
Questions regarding the credit application process should be directed to POV Collections at email@example.com.
How to Access Port of Virginia Facilities – Motor Carriers
Are you new to the Trucking community? Do you plan on hauling containers in and out of Port of Virginia facilities? If so, please follow these necessary steps:
- Apply for a SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code) – a unique four-letter code used to identify transportation companies. Please visit: http://www.nmfta.org/Pages/welcome.aspx to apply.
- Create an UIIA account. An UIIA (Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement) membership is required to access our terminals. The UIIA is a standard industry contract between Motor Carriers and Equipment providers. It covers liability and other issues related to the interchange on Intermodal Equipment- containers, chassis, etc. between the two parties. To become a member, please visit uiia.org.
- All drivers are required to obtain a Port Identification and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card. To enroll for a TWIC card please visit: https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
- We are moving away from port ID Forms. You should use the following link http://register.portofvirginia.com/, to register your company or get a port ID. In order to obtain a port I.D. card, please visit Port I.D. Office – Online Appointments in order to make a reservation. Note, your TWIC PIN number is required. If you have any questions please contact the ID office at 757 440-4032.
- PRO-PASS RFID tags will be required to access the terminal. Transcore RFID tags will no longer be supported. PRO-PASS RFID tags can be ordered through the PRO-PASS website – www.propassva.com. PRO-PASS RFID tags can be shipped to you directly or can be picked up at the NIT or VIG Driver’s Assistance Buildings with a confirmation email. Note, RFID tags must also be registered within PRO-PASS to the corresponding license plate and can take up to 45 minutes to fully process.
- Reservation(s) are required Monday – Friday, during the mandatory reservation period.
- A TWIC without a Port ID will only be given 5 unescorted visitor passes. Access will be denied after your fifth visit without a Port ID card. There will be NO exceptions.