VPA Contracting Opportunities
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BIDDERS AND/OR OFFERORS
The Virginia Port Authority advertises IFBs and RFPs, and all information pertaining to them (including, but not limited to addenda and bid tabulations), on the Commonwealth of Virginia’s website known as eVA.
The following link will direct you to the site.
After accessing the eVA website, follow these instructions to get to the solicitations:
- Under the Business Opportunities section, click on Virginia Business Opportunities (VBO)
- Under Advanced Search select Virginia Port Authority as the “Buying Entity” then click on the Search button
- The results will show all VPA solicitations in descending order.
For information on IFBs and RFPs contact:
For general port-related questions:
Phone: (757) 683-8000
VIT Contracting Opportunities
No active solicitations at this time, please check back soon.
HRCP II Contracting Opportunities
IFB# 2023-02-HRCP II Undermount Genset Lease – Posted January 17, 2023
Procurement and Capital Outlay Manual (September 2022)
Supplier Diversity Program (SWaM)
- SWaM Certification (pdf)
The Port of Virginia is committed to conducting operations and managing resources in a fiscally responsible, environmentally sensitive and sustainable manner. It is the intent of each organization to:
- Drive excellence in operations through our commitment to customer service, process efficiency, and innovation.
- Employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to improve efficiency of operations, address customer needs, and prevent activities and conditions that pose a threat to human health, safety, and the environment through communication, education, proactive leadership, and compliance.
- Adhere to an established framework for setting objectives that create competitive advantage, manage risk, and demonstrate a commitment to continual improvement.
- Meet or exceed all applicable Federal, State, and Local environmental and health and safety laws and regulations, and other requirements subscribed to by the organization
- Integrate financial and environmental costs, risks, and impacts into port project development and facility improvements and to continually evaluate and improve operational efficiencies and practices to achieve our established environmental and business objectives.
- Promote pollution prevention, response and recovery, and environmental awareness through communication with colleagues, customers, industry partners, government agencies, neighboring communities and environmental organizations.
The Virginia Port Authority and Virginia International Terminals, L.L.C., are committed to the spirit and intent of this policy and the laws and regulations, which give it foundation.
Stephen A. Edwards
Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director
Virginia Port Authority
Joseph P. Ruddy
Chief Operations Officer
Virginia International Terminals, L.L.C.
PO Terms + Conditions
- Virginia International Terminals, LLC Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (05/2018)
- Virginia Port Authority Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (05/2018)
At the Port of Virginia, we believe quality, customer service, and advanced technology lead to continual improvement in all areas of our operation. Our ISO 9001 and 14001 certified, Quality and Environmental Management programs are designed to encourage collaboration and communication, streamline decision making, improve operational efficiencies, and identify and manage risk.
The Port of Virginia achieved ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications in 2008. Our administrative functions are ISO 9001 certified and our terminal operations operate under the ISO 14001 framework. The Port is the first and only major East Coast port in which all terminal operations are operate under an ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System.